STEM East coordinates the East Scotland STEM Ambassador Hub to help inspire young people in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
STEM Ambassadors cross all ages and backgrounds, representing thousands of different employers across the UK. Our Ambassadors include apprentices, zoologists, set designers, climate change scientists, engineers, farmers, geologists, nuclear physicists and architects. They help to open the doors to a world of opportunities and possibilities which come from pursuing STEM subjects and careers. They not only inspire young people; they also support teachers in the classroom by explaining current applications of STEM in industry or research.
“We’ve had a STEM Ambassador working with our school over the last four years. He has been a fantastic support across the school covering a wide range of initiatives such as F1 in Schools, Young Engineers and Science clubs Scotland, Leaders Award for STEM, Robot Wars and IET Goblin challenge. We couldn’t have achieved what we have without his invaluable support” Denend Primary School.
Please get in touch to find out how we can help you inspire your young people or to find out more about motivating young people by becoming a STEM Ambassador.
Kevin McKeever, STEM East
To find out more please CLICK HERE
The UK-wide STEM Ambassador programme is managed by STEM Learning, which operates the National STEM Learning Centre and Network, alongside other projects supporting STEM education - Click here to the National Site
- STEM East manage on behalf of STEM Learning the STEM Ambassadors Programme for East of Scotland. We work in partnership with a range of STEM organisations and professional institutions where Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics exist. We look forward to integrating Perth & Kinross, Dundee & Angus over the coming weeks and months, and look forward to working with parties from these areas.
- STEM East are one of 19 STEM Ambassador Hubs in the UK.
- We manage the STEM Ambassadors Programme for the following areas:-
Edinburgh, East Lothian, Mid Lothian, West Lothian, Falkirk, Stirling, Clackmannanshire, Fife, Scottish Borders and from 1st October to include Dundee, Perth & Kinross and Angus.
- We are a non profit making organisation.
- We offer practical help and support and act as a useful link to other organisations and STEM institutions to raise awareness of grants, funding opportunities and tangible resources that may help schools.
- Based at Carnegie Conference Centre within Fife College, Dunfermline, our role is to support schools in the East of Scotland in their delivery of the STEM Curriculum by way of Industry experts (STEM Ambassadors) working with pupils, students and teachers.
- STEM Learning is a national organisation that works to create opportunities for young people in STEM subjects. It delivers many STEM-related programmes – the STEM Ambassadors Programme, the STEM Clubs Programme, the National STEM Centre in York and a network of teacher training through 50 Science Learning Partnerships in England and other partners in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Some of the organisations we work with.......
"Raising aspirations of young people in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics"
© Copyright 2019 STEM East. All rights reserved
Registered in Scotland SC500529